Join Our Mailing List
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs for Users
What is LabMarketplace.com?
LabMarketplace.com is an online forum and marketplace for laboratory professionals. LabMarketplace allows you to evaluate laboratory products & services, create your own personal catalog of listings, find industry conferences & jobs, network with other laboratory professionals, participate in forums & blogs, and keep up-to-date with the latest laboratory developments.
Why should I use LabMarketplace?
LabMarketplace strives to provide an unbiased forum for laboratory professionals from around the world. We understand how frustrating it can be to search for your laboratory needs. Since LabMarketplace does not buy, sell, or broker any equipment or services, we are able to act as an impartial site.
Do I need to register?
To browse product listings and contact companies, registration is not required. However, registration is quick, easy and absolutely FREE. Registration allows you to take advantage of many additional benefits, including:
- Creating your own personal "My Catalog" of items frequently used and ordered
- Writing reviews of products and companies
- Subscribing for email notification of new products, tests, jobs and conferences in your specific industry.
- Being able to directly contact companies without having to retype your contact information multiple times.
Do I need to enter my credit card information when I register?
NO. LabMarketplace will NEVER ask for credit card information to use this site. LabMarketplace does not directly manufacture or sell any products or services; therefore, we will never ask for any credit card or payment information.
Is my contact information secure?
How do I search for products?
Searching for products can be done in multiple ways.
- The easiest way is to use the search engine at the top of every page. Type in your keyword or product name and select what you want to search for. At this point you can begin your search or you can further narrow your choices by selecting a category associated with Lab Products or Lab Tests/Services.
- You can browse our categories and subcategories using the left side panel. Once you click on a category, a box will appear in the left panel that will display the subcategories for your selection and the number of results. You can further narrow down your search by keyword, subcategories and options. You can compare products directly with each other as well.
What do I do once I find a product, service or test I am interested in?
Once you find an item that interests you, you have several options.
- You can contact the company directly by clicking the "Request More Information" button that is found on every item page and filling out the associated form with your contact information.
- You can link to their website and if possible, directly order or purchase products from their website.
- You can add that item to your personal "My Catalog" for future reference.
- You can email the product information to a friend or yourself, or you can print it for future use.
- You can click on the company link and find the company contact details and talk with them directly.
How do I apply for a listed job?
Once you find a job of interest, you can directly contact the employer and attach a cover letter and resume with your contact information by filling out the "Request More Information" button.
What types of conferences are listed?
Conferences that are posted on the website are designed for laboratory professionals in clinical diagnostics, research, academic, medical, food safety and veterinary subjects. Postings can range from national or international conferences, seminars or training events, or even local chapter meetings. Find detailed information organized by date, subject and location.
FAQs for Companies
Why should I list my company on Labmarketplace?
The benefits of listing your products and tests on Labmarketplace are:
- Mass exposure of your products to a national and worldwide audience of laboratory professionals. LabMarketplace runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is visited by thousands of laboratory professionals to help drive customers to your products and services.
- Advanced lead generation. LabMarketplace allows users to contact you in multiple ways. They can contact you directly by email or phone, they can go directly to your website, they can message you through the website, or they can intersct with you through forums and blogs. LabMarketplace does not act as a middleman but facilitates direct communication between you and customers.
- User friendly control of your listings. Once you complete your company registration, you can either upload listings individually or bulk upload large numbers. You always have complete control of your listings and can add or change images, files and product descriptions at any time by logging in to your account.
- Detailed Statistics. You can view the number of times each product has been viewed as well as the number of times information has been requested to see which items are most popular.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) is built right into your account to track leads, contacts and opportunities
- Low Cost. Initial registration comes with a free trial period, after which, the cost of membership is typically 50-80% less than other websites with fewer features like biocompare, pathologyoutlines, labcompare, labX and medcompare.
- Customer networking. Your company and employees have the ability to create "friendships" with thousands of other laboratory professionals to keep regular contact with your most likely end users.
What type of listings are available?
Whether you are small company with a few products or a large company with thousands of products, our goal is to incorporate as many companies as possible into the marketplace. Our pricing model involves three levels of membership:
- Advanced: Allows you to list items with a brief description letting users directly contact you. You get listing views statistics, customer relationship management, customer networking and lead generation all included.
- Premium: In addition to all of the benefits of advanced membership, you are able to list detailed descriptions and attach images and documents directly to your listings. Your listings can be printed, emailed, reviewed, written about in blogs, asked questions about in forums, connected directly to your company's website and added to member's personal "My catalog". You also get more detailed statistics and discounts on advanced advertising opportunities such as banner ads and email blasts
- VIP: You get all of the benefits of Advanced membership and get prominent high placement of your listings with a highlighted background so they are first to be viewed.
What does it cost to list products, tests, conferences or jobs?
We can proudly say our prices are the lowest in the business. Our prices are based on how many items you have listed per month. We also have yearly contracts which are discounted to help you save more. For detailed pricing information please contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-424-3413.
What payments are accepted?
We value your security highly, therefore billing is done through a separate site. The quickest and easiest method for payment is by credit card. We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express. You can also send in payments by check or wire transfer. We can set up automatic monthly payments as well.
How do I change, add or delete an item?
Once you are registered, you have complete control of how your listings appear. By logging into your account, you can add or change product descriptions, images, files and contact information at any time. You can add items individually or as bulk uploads and can delete any item at any time. If you ever need technical assistance, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-424-3413.
How does bulk uploading work?
Bulk uploading is ideal for companies with large numbers of products as it allows uploading of multiple listings at the same time. This saves time that would be required if large numbers of products were individually uploaded. Once you are registered, detailed instructions and individual attention is provided on how to bulk upload items.
How can I have my item listed as "Featured" or "New" on the homepage?
The "Featured" or "New" status is on a first-come-first-serve basis for registered companies. This is renewed on a monthly basis. To inquire about availability or pricing please contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-424-3413.
How do I cancel my membership?
Membership can be canceled at any time by contacting us directly.